To make a donation or regular gift to St. Chad’s please click on our JustGiving Page at:
St Chad’s Church was originally built around the time of the Norman Conquest, although some historians maintain there was a wooden Saxon church before that built around 650 AD. Shortly before 1600 the original Norman tower collapsed. The south side of the aisle and the main entrance were destroyed. The church was rebuilt in brick in about 1610.
Inside the church are a church warden’s chest, dated 1610, a Jacobean pulpit, and the alabaster tomb of William Bowyer (died 1593). The south window contains fifteenth century stained glass.
St Chad’s Church, Seighford is Grade 2 listed and seats 180 people. The porch area has new inner glass doors and has been made into a display area and crèche retreat. The kitchen and toilet were installed in 2000.